For a gift with a fun twist, make this cocktail gift set. The products may be non-alcoholic, but they still pack a punch! The Mojito bath cocktail is so refreshing & energising I wouldn’t be surprised if it cured a hangover, as for the Daiquiri…well, let’s just say that your skin will be back to its radiant self for round two of summer cocktails. It’s the perfect beauty concoction for summer, and is super easy to make!
1. MOJITO BATH COCKTAIL
- 1 cup epsom salts/ ground sea salt / white sugar (choose one)
- 1 tablespoon of lime zest
- 1 tablespoon peppermint leaves, or empty the contents of a peppermint teabag.
- 10 drops of peppermint or spearmint essential oil.
- 5 drops of lemon or lime essential oil
Combine all ingredients and package in a jar. To use, add to your bath water, just as you would add bath salts.
2. BERRY DAIQUIRI BODY SCRUB
- 1 cup Himalayan salt / white sugar / ground sea salt/ epsom salts (choose one)
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup light oil:
Coconut oil / almond oil/ grapeseed oil/ sunflower oil
- 1 Tablespoon acai berry powder
- 1 Tablespoon of berry loose leaf tea (or empty the contents of a berry teabag)
- Optional: 10 drops of essential oil for scent. Vanilla extract or vanilla essential oil would work well.
- Optional: 2 drops of red food colouring for colour (Himalayan salt is already pink, so no food colouring is necessary if you choose to use this).
Pour the oil over the sugar/salt until it just covers and saturates it. Don’t add too much – you don’t want to end up with a liquid scrub. The texture should be like a paste. Add a little oil at a time until you reach the desired consistency. Mix in the rest of the ingredients and store for up to 6 months.
3. PINA COLADA LIP BALM
- 1 Tablespoon of extra virgin cold-pressed coconut oil (the one that smells like coconuts, not the odourless oil).
- 1 teaspoon bees wax (vegan substitute: carnauba or soy wax)
- 2 drops of orange essential oil
Melt the beeswax in a double boiler with the coconut oil. Add the orange essential oil. Take off heat and quickly transfer to your container. The mixture will harden as it cools into a solid lip balm.
Do you have any fun ideas for natural DIY gifts? Please share in the comments below.