Don’t you just love the smell of freshly brewed coffee? Wouldn’t you like to smell like a cup of Frisco? Laughs. Okay, maybe that’s taking it too far, but there’s more to the coffee bean than a winter warm-me-up, or wake-me-up. A coffee scrub makes a rejuvenating spa treatment for dry winter skin, and it takes the same amount of time to make as your morning cup of coffee. Just skip boiling the water, and add some olive oil.
COST & SHELF LIFE
Cost price: R10.67 per 100ml.
Lasted me about: 2 weeks (using twice for a full body scrub)
Estimated shelf life: 3 months (stored in an airtight container away from moisture). Use a spoon or spatula to scoop the scrub out being careful not to get any water into your container, as this will shorten its shelf life.
*Costs accurate at time of writing, and based on the best retail prices I’ve found.
Like other scrubs, washing it off is like washing sand off after a long day at the beach. However, the silky soft result is totally worth the extra rub-a-dub-dub.
CHERRY ON TOP
- Super soft and silky skin.
- Makes a great gift.
- Assists in the prevention and treatment of cellulite and varicose veins. Promotes good circulation and toned skin.
- Ground coffee: Exfoliating with coffee grounds improves circulation, leaving you with smooth, glowing and firmer looking skin. Caffeine is also a vasoconstrictor, meaning that it causes blood vessels to constrict, so it can temporarily reduce varicose veins and rosacea. (buy here)
- Brown sugar: An excellent exfoliant that removes the layer of dead cells on your skin’s surface, leaving your skin feeling soft and smooth. You can use any sugar. (buy here)
- Olive oil: Excellent moisturiser for dry skin. (buy here)
- Cinnamon powder: Natural antibiotic that will clear skin blemishes and boosts circulation. (buy here)
Not sure where to find these ingredients? My shopping guide may help you.