Treat your skin with this nourishing face cream. It will moisturize and tone pores while treating and preventing wrinkles too. The base in this recipe is more expensive than my coconut oil moisturizer, but the results are worth it. Of course, you may rather choose to use the more affordable coconut oil as your base and substitute your chosen anti-aging essential oils there, but this cream is different. It’s luxurious, rejuvenating and makes a fantastic night cream.
Lasted me about: 2 months (using every night)
Estimated shelf life: 1 year
Remember: Most of these ingredients have a long shelf life and are common in natural recipes, so you will be left with ingredients to make more recipes, and won’t have to buy everything all over again.
*Costs accurate at time of writing this blog post.
- Leaves an oily residue, which is another reason I have suggested using it as a night cream.
CHERRY ON TOP
You only need to use a pea-size amount to cover your entire face. In other words, this moisturizer goes far!
- Cheaper to make than retail products.
- Jojoba oil: Has a similar structure to that of sebum, which allows it to absorb easily and readily into your skin. This makes it a gentle moisturizer for all skin types. It has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties which helps keep breakouts at bay. (buy here).
- Sweet almond oil: Has high vitamin E content, helps treat and prevent sun damage, evens out skin tone, improves complexion, helps lighten scars and age spots. (buy here)
- Unrefined raw shea butter: Contains vitamins A and E as well as essential fatty acids, which help maintain skin’s elasticity and suppleness. It also helps rebuild and rejuvenate collagen. It provides some protection from the sun. (buy here)
- Vitamin E oil: Blocks free radical damage, boosts collagen production, speeds up cell regeneration.
- Anti-aging essential oils: Neroli, Lavender, Rose, Geranium, Sandalwood, Patchouli, Lemon, Carrot. If you can only afford to buy one, I would recommend Neroli. (buy essential oils here)
Need help finding these, or other ingredients? My shopping guide may help you.
- Makes about 100ml.
- 3 TB Jojoba or Sweet Almond oil (You can also use a mix of the two)
- 2 TB Raw Unrefined Shea Butter
- 1 TB Vitamin E oil
- 1 TB Beeswax
- 30-40 Drops of essential oils with anti-aging properties. See suggestions below.
- In a double boiler, melt the shea butter and beeswax first. Be careful not to overheat, as you will destroy beneficial nutrients. You just want the beeswax to melt.
- Once the beeswax is melted add jojoba and vitamin E oil. Mix well.
- Transfer into container while mixture is still warm, and add essential oils into container. Mix well.
- As the mixture cools, it will harden into a cream texture.
- Lavender, Sandalwood, Lemon, Clary-sage, Carrot, Geranium, Rosemary, Rose, Neroli, Patcholi.
- 10 drops neroli, 8 drops lavender, 7 drops rose geranium, 6 drops carrot seed, 3 drops lemon.
I’d love to know what you think – Please share your feedback about this recipe in the comments below.